25 augusti 2014

When the stars align

I've seen the stars align before - is it time? 
Is it time to stand up for what we believe in, or is it time to stand up for each other? I've seen it all before; how people stand up for what they believe in out of faith, and how they stand up for each other out of love. But I've never seen anyone stand up for me.
            I lift my eyes to the skies and through the tears I count the stars to a million, and then to a million again. But when I look back at the world nothing has changed, and I'm still all alone. Alone in the world with a couple of million stars gazing down on me. I might never know if its time or not, but I've chosen to always stand up for my friends and those closest to my heart. I just wish upon the millions of stars above that I'll meet someone along the way that will do the same for me.
            My life is like a night where no stars shine, it's completely covered in darkness. I'm so tired of being alone in the darkness. I keep all my friends on distance; afraid they'll hurt me or grow tired of my company, and then run away. I've traveled this road for so long that I've become afraid of letting someone in. Afraid of love, but also so tired of loneliness. 
            I turn my eyes to the skies once more, and suddenly I know why the stars align. It's for me. It's time to concur fear of love and time to let people in. I'm filled with fear, but I can also feel hope. Hope of a brighter future where I won't have to be afraid to let people in or that they will grow tired and ran away. Brighter days will come, but it won't be easy. Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder and I'm turned around. I find myself in a warm embrace and I can feel the love pouring over me. I'm afraid to let it in, but I can't hold up the façade anymore. With a sigh I let it all go, and for the first time in forever I'm not alone. Yes, this is the time for me, but also for us. Time to stand up for one another, and for our beliefs. 
I've seen the stars align before - it's time!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar